Recruitment: Press & Marketing Assistant at Mobius
6 February 2018
Mobius is looking for an enthusiastic person who loves theatre to join our team as a Press and Marketing Assistant. This is an entry level role suited to a candidate who is looking to gain experience and insight into arts communications. There’s the potential for the role to develop as you learn more about PR and Marketing with on the job training.
This is a role ideal for a dedicated and conscientious person looking for an introduction into the arts industry and the opportunity to work with some of best companies in UK performance arts. With such a small, dedicated team we are looking for a keen individual to support our client managers with administrative assistance.
We believe in rewarding good work, mutual support and the value of an open and friendly atmosphere where all members of the team are able to offer ideas, take ownership and contribute to the development of our business.
Mobius is a fast-growing boutique PR and marketing agency that specialises in theatre, comedy and dance. Offering PR, marketing, print, design, London-wide print distribution, media buying and digital services to a wide range of clients across the sector, we work with some of the most innovative and exciting venues and companies in the arts including Black Theatre Live, Candoco Dance Company, Camden People’s Theatre, Fuel, Sherman Theatre, Bloomsbury Theatre and the Leicester Square Theatre.
Established in 2005, Mobius has established itself as one of the most respected companies in marketing for live performance. Based in Bloomsbury, we are a team of five full time staff specialising in different areas of marketing and PR.
Specifics of the role are:
a) PR Work
- Proof reading and fact checking press releases
- Research into issues relevant to our clients and campaigns
- Coordinating listings
- Selecting images and dealing with requests for images, footage and other information
- Coordinate press cuttings
- Maintaining and expanding our journalist contact database
- Compiling reports
b) Marketing Work
- Research on audiences for campaigns
- Assist on implementation of marketing campaigns
- Social media
- Proof reading
- Compiling reports
c) Administration and office support
- Contributing to our social media feed
- Answering the phone
- Liaison with IT support on IT issues
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics
Strong interest and enthusiasm for theatre and live performance
- A friendly phone manner
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Good multi-tasking skills
- A good eye for detail
- The ability to thrive as part of a close and committed team
- A good grasp of IT skills including in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience in an arts, communications or media organisation
- Previous experience in a client or customer facing role
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of social media and digital communication techniques
- Knowledge of the key theatre journalists, publications and digital outlets
- A creative approach to problem solving
We also offer on-the-job training and support to develop skills and contacts.
Outline Terms and Conditions
- TITLE OF POST: PR and Marketing Assistant
- HOURS: 40 Hours per week, 10am-6pm Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break.
- Additional hours may be necessary to fulfill the requirements of the post.
- SALARY: £19,000 p.a. plus discretionary bonus
- ANNUAL LEAVE: 21 days p.a. pro rata plus bank/public holidays (one day added for every year with the company)
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 3 months
- NOTICE PERIOD: 1 week during probationary period, 2 months thereafter
Please send a C.V and covering letter to the email address below. We recommend the covering letter clearly describes your eligibility for the position and your relevant experience in a good degree of detail. We are also happy to accept any further supporting documents or material you may consider relevant to aid your application, however there is no set requirement to provide these.
E-mail: [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is MONDAY 12 FEBRUARY at 5pm.
Unfortunately we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Mobius is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer