Cambridge Junction Artists Commission
26 October 2017
The Stobbs New Ideas Fund supports artists to develop new performance at Cambridge Junction.
Stobbs is a Cambridge-based law firm specialising in intellectual property (IP). The support of Stobbs has enabled Cambridge Junction to create an initiative for new ideas and new work.
Deadline for submission of expressions of interest is Monday 13 November 2017.
About the Stobbs New Ideas Fund
The Stobbs New Ideas Fund offers two artists and/or companies an opportunity to develop and present work, above-and-beyond the opportunities currently offered by Cambridge Junction. The artistic focus for the Stobbs New Ideas Fund is to support contemporary theatre, performance and live art.
Each Stobbs New Ideas Fund commission is made up of:
- £5,000 commission fee (including all travel and accommodation).
- Two weeks of residency time and space in J3 at Cambridge Junction including technical support.
- Advice and guidance from Cambridge Junction’s Arts Producer and Artist Development Producer.
- Opportunity to present a new work in our arts programme or at WATCH OUT or in Views From The ‘Bridge.
- Financial assistance from the Stobbs New Ideas Fund can be included as cash match in other grant applications.
Proposals must be for new ideas and new work. We will consider projects at the start of their development or projects which have already undergone development and now need assistance to make the work performance-ready.
Cambridge Junction is seeking proposals for work which:
- Fits within the scope of contemporary theatre, performance and live art. We’re interested in ‘theatre’ in the broadest sense but are not prioritising new writing and dance through this initiative.
- Sits comfortably in Cambridge Junction’s arts programme and has relevance for and is accessible to Cambridge Junction’s audiences.
- Can be presented in J2 at Cambridge Junction and similar black-box studio spaces or be publicly sited.
- Has the potential to tour.
The successful artist(s)/company will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the exploration of new ideas through performance, in content and/or artistic form.
- Have presented at least two professional works (outside of formal education).
- Be willing to undertake professional development opportunities (eg workshops) for Troop members or the Junction Young Company.
- Have a plan/strategy for financing and managing their project including through co-commissioning and/or funding.
The Stobbs New Ideas Fund does not prioritise:
- Other forms of performance including text-led theatre, dance, music and circus.
- Artists who are currently in formal education.
- Internationally located (non-UK resident) artist(s) or companies.
Cambridge Junction is committed to representing the diverse range of voices which make up the UK today. We welcome proposal from artists who are diverse and different, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds (Black and Minority Ethnic) and those who identify as disabled.
We are seeking expressions of interest (EOI) for support through the Stobbs New Ideas Fund. To apply you must complete an EOI form. The form asks for information about:
- You and your work;
- Your plans and ambitions to make a new work; and
- How Cambridge Junction can help you realise your ambition.
Email your EOI form to email@example.com by 12 noon on Deadline: Monday 13 November 2017. Selected applicants will be asked to complete a full proposal.