Open Clasp Theatre Company
The Stephenson Building 173 Elswick Road,
Telephone: 0191 272 4063
Contact: Catrina McHugh
We are a multi award-winning women’s theatre company seen as exemplars in our field with a proven track-record of success since 1998. Our unique approach and practice collaborates with women on the margins of society to create exciting theatre for personal, social and political change.
Our work is directly informed by the lived experiences of the women and young women we work with and rooted in the belief that theatre changes lives. Based in the North East of England we have a national and international reach.
We are committed to working in partnership and sharing good practice, engaging with policy-makers providing vital first-hand research, evaluation and recommendations.
- To collaborate with some of the country’s most marginalised women and young women, placing their lived experience at the centre of our creative processes
- Ensure the voices of those women are heard by audiences including policy makers
- Make space for discussion, debate and critical conversations
- Promote respect, equality and inclusion
- To reflect the diversity of the North of England
- Catrina McHugh - Artistic Director and Writer
- Jill Heslop - Creative Producer
- Carly McConnell - Company Development Manager
- Mary Wilson - Administrator